Monday 3 July 2017

First of all, introduction!




I am Oyindamola Adekunle. I am a cook. Cooking for me has always been a hobby and walahi i never thought I could do it professionally.


I studied Agricultural Engineering and worked with an E-commerce company for a while but I resigned when I could not cope with a new condition of work. I started looking for paid employment but it wasn't forthcoming.  During this period, my husband had encouraged me to start a business but I was reluctant.



I came face to face with reality when I went for a job interview and there were a lot of people only to realise that the remuneration was very meagre and there were stories of job insecurity join. When I got back home and lamented to my husband, again he encouraged me to do my own thing, and this time around, he suggested  that since I love cooking and experimenting with recipes,  I should consider the cooking business.


I thereafter,  enrolled in a culinary school to improve my residual cooking skills. Here, I was able to see cooking differently, as a science and as an art. This was how Oyinades Kitchen started.






I got my first customer before I finished culinary school. We paid a visit to by husband's friend and during the course of discussion my husband introduced Oyinades Kitchen and he wanted to place his first order right away. I tried to tell him that the business had not kicked off fully,  but but my husband called me aside and encouraged me to take the order.  He ordered Efo Riro, Afang Soup and Okro soup.


This is how I started this business. I have decided to write this now so that when we become really established, I would not be tempted to embellish stories and make us seem extraordinary. I am an ordinary human being going through what every ordinary young person goes through. But I also write this to encourage everyone out there who is still scared to take that huge leap that there is no time better than now to jump. This Chinese proverb has become a cliche but it remains true that if you did not plant that tree 20 years ago,  you can still plant it now.


Oyinades Kitchen is an ordinary business with an extraordinary vision and I believe that with determination, resilience, and with God on our side, we will get there.
Welcome to my blog which I have created not exactly to teach you how to cook,  but to share my food stories and read yours too.  Let's have a jolly ride.


Note: I am not much of a writer so please don't expect too much with my syntax and semantics. lol.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the opening of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really encouraged me, been trying to start my own thing for a while now but cold feet as usual. Plus thank God for great husbands that give us the push we need. I'm not much of a foodie but I'm a writer, would be happy to help with tips if you ever need any. Kudos dear. Great success to Oyinades Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very very much, I'm really encouraged and glad to know that people are reading this. God bless you ^.^

      Delete
  4. This piece has been beautufllu composed. .I'm super proud of you and how far you've come with this ,my engineer friend turned sisi-olobe ,lol .The energy is so effortless and the meals sure looks sumptuous, keep up the good work hunnie! Oh and congrats..

    ReplyDelete